Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2012

Time to grow up, and shed childhood piano lesson dogma

Yes, that's right. It's time to quit analyzing the key and changes and just accept the obvious; this piece starts off in the key of A, just as the composer says in his audio lesson. There are a variety of explanations of why the key signature is the key of D in the book. Maybe it reduces the number of accidentals, making the notation more readable? Maybe the book is wrong? It can happen...

Too, there are a few other places in my notes where I've been talking smack and spreading bad information on the Internet; a note which I've trained myself to play on an upstroke should actually be played on a downstroke. And there's a certain lick in the head which John plays in a different position than what is documented in the book. I'm fixing these places in my notes...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen